This dish is not only simple to prepare, relatively easy to cook, it is also irresistible! The sauce has garlic, chilies and mint and these marry so well with shrimp. What a perfect topping for pasta!
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 red chilies, fresh or 6 dried
- 1 jar Marinelli’s Tomato & Basil sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, size 16-20, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup mint, fresh, chopped
Chef's Cooking Instructions
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil in a deep skillet. Add the garlic and chilies. When the garlic begins to color, add the tomato sauce.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning; the sauce should be quite strong. Stir in the mint and serve over your favorite pasta.