Lean Turkey Meatballs / Polpette de Tacchino Magre
Turkey meatballs are a lighter alternative to traditional Italian meatballs made with beef, pork and veal and many prefer them over the traditional recipes.
Serves approximately 18 meatballs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ Tsp of sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ Tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- Finely chopped small yellow onion
- 1 ½ Lbs. lean ground turkey
- ⅔ Cup plain breadcrumbs
- ⅓ Cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Jar Marinelli sauce©
- In a large bowl combine egg, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and water.
- Add onion, turkey, breadcrumbs, and cheese and mix by hand until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Keeping your hands wet.. form the meatballs and place gently into a large nonstick skillet. Once you have completed all the meatballs add the olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Be sure to brown the meatballs on all sides which will take anywhere from 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Marinelli sauce and cover at a low simmer until the meatballs are cooked through for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.