Oven Baked Eggplant Rollatini
A delicious low carb cheesy dish that the entire family will crave. No breading required.
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Large egg
- 2 cloves fresh crushed garlic
- 3 Tablespoon cleaned and finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 ½ cup Marinelli Sauce®
- ½ cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Remove the stems from the eggplant and cut lengthwise into ¼” thick slices. Lightly Salt on both sides and let sit to sweat for 10 minutes then pat dry with a paper towel and wipe off remaining salt.
- Place eggplant on a lightly oiled pan and bake for approx 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, reggiano , egg, salt & pepper, minced garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Spread a thin layer of Marinelli Sauce® on the bottom of your casserole or baking dish. Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of filling on the eggplant, then roll up and place in the baking dish. (Repeat until you have filled the dish.)
- Spoon remaining Marinelli Sauce® over the eggplant, and finish by sprinkling the top with mozzarella cheese. Loosely cover with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for approximately an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with additional Basil (optional)