Vegan/Vegetarian Lentil 'Bolognese'
A simple vegan twist on an Italian classic that's full of flavor via the addition of Marinelli sauce. This can be enjoyed on its own, as an accompaniment, or with your favorite pasta shape.
Serves 3 to 6
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of brown cooked lentils (prepare as per package instructions) *Note…you can increase the amount of lentils if you prefer a heartier dish
- 1 Jar Marinelli marinara sauce
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Grated Parmigiano reggiano (optional)
- In a large heavy bottom pan at medium high heat add olive oil followed by the lentils and sauté for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the jar of Marinelli sauce and simmer for approximately 7 -10 minutes. **Note if the sauce becomes too thick, thin out with a small amount of water
- Serve over top of your favorite pasta shape and Garnish with fresh basil + Reggiano (optional)