Classic Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
Fresh marjoram has a very pleasant aroma that compliments the trio of meat in this preparation. Of course, the Marinelli’s True Classic Marinara sauce takes it over the top!
Serves 4 – 6
- 8 oz veal, ground
- 8 oz pork, ground
- 8 oz beef, ground
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 2 ea eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea onion – peeled and diced
- 2 ea garlic, cloves – minced
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp marjoram, minced
- all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 jar Marinelli Sauce® (Marinara)
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the veal, pork and beef with the cheese and eggs. Cover and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil. Over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook until soft – about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and marjoram. Season and allow to cool.
- Add the cooled onion mixture to the meat and combine well. Form into ball like shapes. Dust with the flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat remaining oil in large frying pan and cook meatballs until golden brown, turning over as required. Remove as they are cooked.
- Drain any excess oil from pan and deglaze with wine. Add marinara sauce and the cooked meatballs. Lower heat and allow to simmer very gently for another 15 minutes allowing flavours to blend.
- Adjust seasoning as required.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, extra cheese and lots of love!