Crispy Cast Iron Pizza di Pomodoro
This deceptively simple recipe uses a plain Lebanese style pita which makes it so convenient and easy to make quickly. A great accompaniment to an Arugula salad or hard cheeses.
- 3-4 Tbsp Marinelli Sauce® (Tomato Basil or Marinara)
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8” Lebanese Style plain Pita
- Preheat Oven to High temperature in Bake Mode
- Place Pita curled side upwards in a 10” cast Iron perforated Grill pan
- Spoon on Marinelli Sauce® and spread a thin layer with back of spoon leaving a slight edge crust.
- Sprinkle with Reggiano (to your liking)
- Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place in the oven at the highest rack position and bake for approx 10-15 minutes until the top top has slightly dried and the pita has become crispy around the edges.
- Remove carefully and enjoy!