Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
This regional dish of Sorrento made with light potato gnocchi and Marinelli Sauce® when combined with two cheeses creates a creamy like richness that is unforgettable.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 jar Marinelli Sauce® (Tomato Basil) Note: You can use less if you prefer a dryer result.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500 g of prepared or preferably homemade gnocchi (potato)
- 250 g Fiore Di Latte (½” Cubed and drained of excess water) You may substitute fresh mozzarella.
- 2-3 Tbsp Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Basil for garnish (optional)
- Cook gnocchi as per directions drain in place in a 9 x 13" baking dish
- Combine Marinelli Sauce®, olive oil, Fiore di Latte and Reggiano cheese into the gnocchi and mix well.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for additional 3-5 minutes till the top start to slightly brown
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil