Spaghetti all Puttanesca
Invented in Naples in the mid-20th century and made typically with tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovies. You can always increase the amount of capers and Olives to your personal liking!
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 jar Marinelli Sauce® (Marinara, Garlic or Arrabiata)
- 1 Cup Black Olives (pitted and halved)
- ¼ Cup Drained Capers
- 3 filets Anchovies
- 1 Clove Sliced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Italian parsley(optional)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, add Olive Oil, Garlic, Anchovies,Capers, and Olives. Saute until the anchovies have disintegrated.
- Add Jar of Marinelli Sauce® and bring to a simmer for approx 5-7minutes and set aside
- Remove approx ½ the sauce from the skillet and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a large pot Cook spaghetti as per package directions.(al dente)
- Lightly drain pasta and immediately place spaghetti in the skillet with the sauce and stir in (via wooden spoon) and return to medium high heat for approx 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve on plates or bowls and then spoon reserved sauce over top the spaghetti to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and a drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish