Spicy Tubetti Pasta with Jumbo Shrimp
Seafood and tomatoes... add some fresh herbs and WOW! Soon to become an all-time favourite!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea onion – peeled and small dice
- 1 ea carrot – peeled and small dice
- 1 ea celery stick – small dice
- 2 ea garlic cloves – peeled and minced
- ½ red chili – sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 jar Marinelli Sauce® (arrabiata)
- 6 sprigs dill, fresh - stemmed
- 6 sprigs parsley, fresh – stemmed
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 ea lemon – zest and juice
- 1 lb pasta – tubetti or similar
- In a large saucepan, heat half of the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion, carrot and celery.
- Add the garlic and red chili and cook for about 3 minutes. Deglaze with the wine.
- Add the primavera sauce and bring to the boil. Lower the temperature and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In another fry pan, heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil and cook the shrimp just until translucent. Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice.
- Drain the pasta, add the warm sauce, shrimp, herbs and lemon zest. Toss gently and serve in warm bowls.