Pan Roasted Pork Sausages, Garlic and Sweet Red Pepper
Sausages have a great affinity to sauces and what better than one enriched with sweet red peppers. Serve this on your favourite pasta, polenta or alongside a selection of grilled vegetables.
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup Diced Sweet Red Pepper
- 2 lbs (plain salt and pepper) pork sausages (6 pc)
- 6 ea garlic cloves – peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ½ cup white wine – Vin Santo
- 1 jar Marinelli Sauce® (Garlic)
- In a large fry pan over medium high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté the diced red bell peppers until soft 3-5 minutes then remove from oil and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the sausages and cook until golden on the bottom.
- Add the garlic cloves and thyme springs and continue cooking until well browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and deglaze quickly. Add the Marinelli Sauce® along with the diced peppers simmer until sausages are done and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Remove the garlic cloves and thyme springs. Serve warm with your favourite polenta or pasta.